Insulated hinged loft access hatch and frame sets to provide simple, easy access through ceilings into the loft space.
Loft doors with zero air leakage at Part L's 50 Pa - under positive test conditions.
Featuring an integral anti-draught, vapour and condensation migration seal with a choice of insulation U value performances of 0.82, 0.35 and 0.25W/m2k.
Designed to fit between 38mm thick trussed rafters or ceiling joists spaced 600mm centres which provide a clear joist opening width of 562mm.
Clean simple design that will blend well with most surrounding decors, with slightly textured finish that can be painted if required.
- Designed to fit between 38mm thick trussed rafters or ceiling joists spaced 600mm centres to provide a clear joist opening width of 562mm
- If the roof design does not provide this joist opening width, a suitable opening must be formed
- Trimmers must be installed across the ends of a frame; these should be spaced to give a clear opening length of 662mm
- The frame fixes ten screws (supplied) - three through each side and two through each end
- Do not over tighten the fixing screws as this could distort the screws
- Fit the loft access door after the ceiling has been plaster boarded and skimmed
- The frame must be a good fit into the trimmed opening, never force it into an opening that is too small, if the opening is too large use packers to ensure a good fit